02 November 2008

40 Weeks

                                                                                         40 week belly
Well, here we are November 2nd and no signs of baby.  I guess that's not exactly true...there are plenty of signs of her hanging out and doing her dance in my belly.  There's just no signs of her actually making a live appearance...at least not today.  And to be honest with you, we have really enjoyed having the extra time to take care of things and spend some quality time together.  Kit and I had a perfect weekend together.  I finished some laundry and cleaning on Saturday and then Saturday night we had a great dinner at Brio.  The Brio at Perimeter has a great outdoor patio by a lake and the weather was beautiful.  So we sat outside and ate delicious pasta and soaked up what could possibly be our last date night...for a while at least. 

Today we ran errands together and Penny & I went for a walk in the Highlands while Kit got some immunization updates at CVS (good little tidbit for you Atlanta folks--that CVS has a minute clinic that treats common illnesses and does vaccinations.  They even take insurance--very convenient!).  And those of you who know me well know that no Sunday would be complete without the uninterrupted-marathon nap! ;)  Another luxury I know we'll be missing so very soon.  Tonight we're going to kick back and watch a movie.  And Kit's going to make us mint-chocolate chip milkshakes.  Yum!  I really couldn't have asked for a better weekend with my hubby.

I know some women are really miserable by this time in pregnancy and don't really have the energy to do anything.  I am actually feeling better than I was a few weeks ago...which is I'm sure why I haven't really minded that she isn't here yet.  I am still working and plan on going in on Tuesday if she hasn't come.  My co-workers look at me like I'm crazy for still being there...but, honestly the longer I work, the more time off with pay I'll have stored up.  So, that's really my incentive to keep it up.

I have been having some signs of early labor: contractions, cramps, lower back aches, and other things I won't mention...but, nothing has been consistent.  Everything I have read says that with these signs labor can start in a matter of hours or days.  I guess we're working with days.  It's weird the way things have started moving in slow motion.  I have said this before, but knowing that at any moment labor could start and B could be here really makes the days go slow.  It's so hard to grasp that this very day could be the last one as we know it.  Thanks to all of you who have been calling, texting, emailing, facebooking to check on B's status.  I can't believe after all this time she really is going to be here in a matter of days!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful!! Glad you're feeling so well!

K.S. said...

You are beautiful and amazing, and I am a lucky co-worker if I get to spend one more day at the Em's with you on Tuesday. I am blessed by your friendship, and PRAISE GOD for a healthy 40(+)week old baby B. Can't wait to meet her!!! Glad your weekend was perfect. Love ya, Kel

Jenny said...

Love the prego pics! You know I love a pregnant belly. You look GREAT!

Sarah said...

aw, this is my favorite picture yet! what a cutie-pie you are! :) working on the border to baby b's sweater as we speak, so i should be able to send it soon. miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Deep, full congratulations and encouragement.

pageikeda said...

I am so glad you are feeling good. you look great. Yes, enjoy those naps!