20 July 2008

24-25 Weeks

These past two weeks I've felt as giddy as a school girl in love.  More and more I am feeling baby girl's movements and they never cease to stop me in my tracks.  I can feel them from the outside at least once a day.  And Kit even felt his first kick the other day!  He was so cute.  He just looked up at me with big eyes and said, "Was that it??"  Oh yes, dear, that was it...the first of many.

I am also feeling soooooo much better!  Thanks to Dr. Caroline's magic, my back is like new.  Well, maybe not quite like new...but, I am able to get through my day now with very little discomfort.  Thank you Dr. C!  And without the back pain, I am finally feeling the "second trimester bliss" everyone always talks about.  My energy is renewed and I'm feeling great.  This is definitely helping me get through my days at work.  I'll take it while I can!

Well, you all will be proud of me.  I braved Babies R Us today.  And with the help of my sweet Mom I started my registry.  It actually went better than I expected.  I only had a few overwhelming moments...mostly when I had to choose between several brands of something.  Like, you wouldn't believe how many different kinds of monitors there are!  Give me a break, people...do we really need a $200 monitor that works across state lines??  But now that my registry is all set up I can add and remove things online.  Gotta love technology!

Of course the highlight of the past two weeks was our trip to Charleston.  And I am so glad I was feeling good while we were there.  The next few weeks are going to be busy, busy!  Kit's 30th birthday is coming up...I've got to get ready for his party next Saturday...and Sonya is here for two weeks!  No time for laying around.  Hope you all are enjoying your summer as much as I am!

1 comment:

pageikeda said...

Welcome to less than 100 days. Congratulations. You look wonderful and I am so glad you are feeling better. It was great to see you this weekend and although I am sure you are tired after throwing a party, you will be glad you did it now, before the baby. Dont worry too much about the last trimester. You will do great and your big day will be here before you know it.