27 July 2008

26 Weeks

This week I got BIG!  I mean, I can really tell a difference in my size and the way my body is carrying the weight.  I find myself doing all kinds of stereotypical pregnant woman things like struggling to get off the couch and up out of our low-sitting platform bed.  That was when I new something had shifted...when it was hard to get out of bed.  But, I am still loving my growing belly!  I am definitely not to the point where I am so huge I am miserable.  In fact, I still don't feel like my belly is all that big compared to other parts of my body.

We've taken to calling the little one "Baby B" or just "B".  Choosing a name is proving to be much harder than I thought it would be.  It's very important to me to have a name that both Kit and I like and feel connected to.  But so far our favorites aren't exactly matching up.  I'm starting to think this may be a delivery day decision.  So until then...she'll be B.

I had another Dr's appointment this week and things are still looking good.  I got to hear B's heart beating again and it was thumping away at 140 bpm.  Mama's blood pressure is good too.  I had to do the 1 hour glucose tolerance test which is what they use to test for gestational diabetes.  You drink this really syrupy drink that tastes like thick, sugary gatorade and then wait an hour.  Then they take some blood and run the test.  I haven't heard anything back from the Dr. yet...so, I'm assuming that's good.

Well, with the help of many wonderful friends Kit's party was a success!  He had a great time...and that's really all that matters in my book.  We had a good representation of new friends from Philips and Trinity along with our old faithfuls.  For everyone that came and brought food, gifts and hugs...Thank You!!!  You all made this a very special birthday for Kit.  He was beaming all weekend and said over and over how much fun he had.  Thanks for helping me give him something he will always remember.

No comments: