05 August 2008

Sweet Memory

I am constantly one step behind baby B's kicks when trying to get Kit (or really anyone) to feel her.  We have spent so many moments on the couch watching tv with his hand patiently on my belly...waiting.  Nope, not her style.  She likes to wait until after I go to bed to put on her dancin' shoes.  And boy does she ever!  I didn't realize exactly how much she was moving at night until I woke up at 3am one morning for my third trip to the bathroom.  When I laid back down she was dancin' all over the place!  So this is when you get your groove on, girl?

Most nights I am in bed and knocked out before Kit is even thinking about going to bed...especially when I have to be up early for work the next day.  Well, this morning Kit told me about the sweetest moment he & B shared last night after I was already asleep.  He said that when he came to bed he snuggled up with me and put his hand on my belly and she was kicking away.  So, he stayed there for a bit and relished the presence of his baby girl.  I thought it was cute that he said, "How do you sleep when she's moving like that?  Doesn't it wake you up?" ;)  I guess not! 

I am so glad he was finally able to really feel her moving like I get to everyday.  Feeling her baby kicks is such a precious reminder that she's really here and she's growing and she's a part of who we are.  I loved hearing the happiness in his voice and had images of many daddy-daughter moments to come. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your movements all day long keep her asleep. I remember a baby coming into the world with her nights and days mixed up! It took about 2 weeks of up all night, asleep all day to get a decent schedule going. And there is no way to wake up a newborn! Thank you for your blog... I love you!