02 April 2008

Just A Reminder

Well dear friends, I have to admit that this post is more for me than it is for your reading pleasure.  I am writing this just so I can remember exactly how things are.  And those of you with a weak stomach might want to click out now! ;) 

So, for the past week I have been feeling a little better.  And by better I mean I have been able to drag myself off the couch and get some things done and I haven't been puking everyday.  Silly me, I thought maybe the worst was over!  Yesterday I was up early and getting ready for work (not my finest hours of the day).  Kit was downstairs reading and starting his day and I was upstairs ironing.  He looks up and me and says, "Baby, how are you feeling this morning?"  Me:  "Um, not so good."  And just like that I'm heading towards the bathroom and losing my Cinnamon Toast Crunch (sorry for the image...you were warned!).  So much for feeling better!

I can say with full assurance that it must have been a man who dubbed this experience "morning sickness".  Cause honey, this is ALL DAY sickness...and my nights are just as miserable as my mornings.  I feel really bad for Kit since my best hours of the day are while he's at work.  So, he's seeing pretty much only the worst of me during the week.  But, I guess that was part of the vows!  

But, seriously, all of this moaning is really just for my record.  If this is part of the creation of a healthy child then bring it on!  And yesterday was just my little one's reminder to me that I am so not in control of my body anymore...   

2 comments:

Lesli said...

That was the one thing I could never get Ryan to fully understand...not being in control of my own body. It, for me, was a weird thing...good, but weird.

I hope today is a much better day! LOVE YOU!!!

K.S. said...

miss you miss laura and hope you're having a good week this week! kel