14 April 2008

Prayers For Audrey's Family

So I have been following this family's story for about a month now and have been humbled and deeply touched by their journey of faith.  Last Monday Audrey's mother, Angie, gave birth to her by C-section knowing that she most likely would not live.  They found out in January that Audrey had several defects in her major organs including her heart and kidneys.  The doctors (of course) encouraged her to terminate the pregnancy.  Angie and her husband chose to honor the life that had been given to them and continued to let Audrey grow.

Angie carried her as long as she safely could and they chose to bring her into the world last Monday.  She was alive when she was born, which surprised the doctors.  And she lived for two hours.  Reading what Angie wrote about those two hours brought me to my knees.  They took pictures and let Audrey's big sisters meet her and hold her.  They squeezed a lifetime of memories from this brief encounter.  This is a family who truly knows what it means to praise God in the midst of a storm.    

I don't know this family personally.  I was introduced to their blog from my Nashville friend Jenny.  This story has received a good bit of press since Audrey's dad is a member of the Christian band Selah.  I was immediately drawn in by Angie's brutal honesty and unwavering faith.  And I have wept my eyes out following their journey (hormones aren't helping!).  We should all pray for the kind of faith and love this family has.

If you're feeling up to the emotions, I highly recommend checking out this blog and reading Audrey's story.  You won't be able to walk away without tears, neither will you walk away untouched.

1 comment:

Lesli said...

Wow...thank you for sharing that with us. Love you.