08 June 2008

19 Weeks

This week has been more feeling good and more growing.  The baby is now the size of an heirloom tomato and my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe.  Not sure where I'm fitting that cantaloupe!  I get weekly pregnancy e-mail updates from babycenter and they always tell you what size the baby is by comparing it to a fruit or vegetable.  

I saw my mom this weekend and the first thing she said to me was, "You look pregnant!"  I still don't think I look that pregnant...but, at least I'm getting there. ;)  Because I've been feeling better I have been pushing myself a little too much at times.  I think I'm just so excited to have energy I want to go, go, go!  On Wed I finally went to the prenatal yoga class I've been wanting to attend and I went shopping all afternoon/early evening.  I even stayed up until 11pm!  Well, the next day I was paying for it.  I was sore from the yoga and so very tired.  Turns out even though I feel good...I still need my 8+ hours of sleep.

I forgot to mention last week a little scare I had.  I was driving to work one morning and all of a sudden felt like I was going to pass out.  I could feel that I was becoming hot, clammy and very lightheaded.  My first thought was, "Oh no...not while I'm driving!"  I quickly pulled into a McDonald's nearby (thank God I wasn't on I-85 yet) and called Kit.  One of the main reasons I was so scared was that was how my 1st miscarriage started.  I was feeling fine and shopping at Target when I began feeling dizzy and passed out.  I was scared the other day because I was feeling the same sensations and didn't know why.  Luckily, it just lasted for a minute and I made it to work fine.  I called my Dr.'s office and the nurse couldn't have been less concerned.  She just told me to drink more fluids and eat more protein.  When I saw the midwife at my appointment last week she wasn't concerned either.  She said this often happens when your uterus starts growing.  It can press on your blood vessels and restrict the blood flow (or something like that) which makes you lightheaded.  Almost everyone I told the story to had a personal story or knew someone it had happened to.  That made me feel better.

It's definitely time to start making room for the baby.  We have at least started talking about it and trying to think of creative ways to make the space work.  Since we only have two rooms our main challenge is making space for Kit to have a work area.  I think we've pretty much decided we're going to set up a desk or table downstairs for him to work at.  Our first thought was to just have a nursery/office...but, I quickly realized that Kit's work hours and the baby's sleep time may not always work out.  So, I think downstairs will be the best.  Plus I know, like it or not, we're going to be acquiring so much "stuff"...and we're going to want to have it all in the extra room.  Hopefully in the next month or so we'll start making all of this happen.

Overall it's been a great week.  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Lesli said...

Yay to feeling good!! :o) I knew it would come! And...8 more days!! I look forward to getting that phone call! LOVE YA!