05 February 2009

12 Weeks

Zoë, I just love these new pictures of you.  They really show what a happy, good-natured baby you are.  You are becoming more animated everyday and it's so much fun to be with you.  You love to flash this big, gummy grin...but, you aren't laughing much yet.  It's cute to watch to make laughy faces but no sound comes out!




Every night since we've been home from the hospital you have slept by our bed in this cradle.  Having you so close during the night has been a mixed blessing.  It was so easy to tend to your late night needs having you so close.  You rarely had to even cry when you needed something because I could hear your every grunt.  But, I could hear your every grunt...and I think we both have lost more sleep than necessary because of that.  Either way, it's definitely time for you to move into your room and into your "big girl" crib.  We'll start the transition this week and hopefully it will be relatively painless.


I guess you can tell from the fact that I have taken these pictures and even paused to write about this that it has not been an easy thing for me to do.  Some people have even chastised me for keeping you in our room this long.  I jokingly respond by telling them I know you'll be fine...it's ME I'm not so sure about.  You have been such a part of me for almost a year now.  And I'm realizing that moving you out of my "sight" during the night is causing me to once again take a step of faith and trust that God will care for you...even while I sleep.  Silly Mommy...of course He will care for you.  There is the other lesson I have to continually learn: I am SO not in control of as much as I think I am.  Baby steps.

  
This cradle was originally your Uncle Jon's when he was a baby.  I know, it's hard for you to imagine he was ever a little baby...but he was! ;)  Your cousins Sydney & Madison also used it when they were little.  So, you are not the first baby to use it and you won't be the last.  I am so grateful to have been able to use this beautiful piece of furniture.  It was not only so useful but also a little bit of your history.  We have to thank your Pops & Deeda for letting this cradle bring us such good baby memories. 

Love,
Mama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It breaks my heart to hear that there are those that have scolded you for having Miss Zoë in your room this long. Now, if she was 3 instead of 3 months, maybe we should talk. ;o) You are an AMAZING mother!! Don't ever second guess yourself. There is no one specific way to be a mom. Do what you feel is best for you and Zoë and you will never go wrong! LOVE YOU!!

Sue H. said...

The pictures with the TV screen behind Zoe's head, give the impression of some crazy hairdo...when you first glance and don't really see...funny!