03 April 2009

Perfect

Well, nothing appears to be wrong with the little miss.  In the pediatrician's words "she's perfect."  Good news, right?  Of course.  But, I do wish we had some kind of answer.  She said it *could* be teething...or maybe she really is waking up hungry.  She encouraged us to go ahead and start solids in the hopes of filling her up more during the day.  I was really hoping to delay that for another month.  So now I don't know...

At least she is starting to nap better and in her crib.  And although I'm quickly approaching a meltdown of cosmic proportions...really, it's hard to stay mad at one who looks so precious and happy when she wakes up from her naps.  Let's just translate it to nighttime now, ok Zo-baby?! 

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi! Just thought I'd let you know you are not alone and it will get better. My little boy woke up every 2hrs(sometimes less) when he was a baby/toddler. I nursed him to sleep and that may or may not have been the problem, but that's how I was comfortable doing things. I promise it will get better. He's 3 now and almost always sleeps through the night.

Laura (we have many mutual friends...Ikedas, Perkins, and so on)

Unknown said...

Laura, it WILL happen! You'll wake up in a panic one morning because the sun is shining and you haven't heard her all night! And then it will happen more and more until she is a teenager and doesn't want to get up at all...
Patty