01 April 2009

What To Say*

Things You Shouldn't Say To A New Mother Who Isn't Getting Any Sleep...

1) "All my babies slept through the night at 2 weeks."
2) "If you put that baby in your bed she'll still be there when she's 3!"
3) "You're spoiling her by rocking her to sleep."
4) "I only got to sleep in until 9 o'clock this morning."
5) "Just let her cry."

Things You Should Say...

1) "I'm sure this is just a phase.  She'll be sleeping again soon."
2) "Maybe she's teething?"
3) "Call your pediatrician."
4) "This too shall pass."
5) "Would you like for me come over and take care of her while you get a nap?"

*Just for the record, we are entering a full week of disturbed sleep.  Zoë has been waking up every hour and a half on the dot all night since last Thursday.  I feel like I am slowly falling apart and I have no idea what is wrong with her.  She's so happy and playful during the day...I can't imagine that she's sick.  But, I'm taking her to the pediatrician tomorrow...because honestly, we can't continue like this.  Mommy & daddy need some sleep!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe Sis! I wonder why she is doing that? Lil stinker! I am glad that you are taking her to the dr. Maybe he/she will have an idea what makes her love or hate the night time...I hope that you guys get some sleep soon! You tell Miss Zoë that Auntie Neena says sleep is good! and I want her to sleep for mommy and daddy!! Hugs and Kisses! Love you!

Unknown said...

I hope there is a reason for it... I'd hate for her to be an insomniac. I'll keep her this weekend and let you sleep, ok?

pageikeda said...

I hope my comments where in the good category. Let me know what Dr. H has to say. I will be there on Friday morning. Olive is still sick and I want to have her checked out before the weekend.

Jenny said...

It will pass even though that doesn't help you today. My advice is to pass her to Bekah for the weekend and get yourself a lot of sleep. The one thing I thought of was that her ears my be bothering her. Sometimes my girls would get an ear infection and never have a fever. I'm sure the doctor will check her ears.