08 September 2008

32 Weeks

Be still my beating heartburn.  Yuck.  This week I feel like the blissful, energy filled portion of this program is OVER.  I guess I may just still be worn out from our travels to Paducah.  But, I am definitely feeling different this week.  I have been having mad heartburn and other yucky stuff going on in my tummy.  The heartburn has been so bad it even woke me up in the middle of the night the other day!  Gross.  I have also been really tired, which I suppose can be partially attributed to waking up several times during the night to pee.  But enough complaining! ;)

We went to a childbirth prep class at my OB's office on Saturday which was sorely disappointing.  I didn't really learn anything that I hadn't read already.  I guess it was good for Kit since he hasn't been reading like I have.  But, the class really didn't give any guidance on "childbirth"...it was more just an explanation of all the interventions that could happen while you're in the hospital.  The class didn't offer any help with how to deal with labor.  Which is fine with me because we're starting our Hypnobirthing classes at the end of this month to learn alternative ways to manage labor.  I guess I just expected more from this class and was a little disappointed.

One of my Baby B highlights from this week happened on Saturday night.  Kit was in NYC for the weekend, so I stayed with my parents after the birthday party.  I was in bed reading when I started feeling B's nightly dance routine.  After a few minutes I noticed that her kicks were coming rhythmically, one right after the other.  I had never felt anything like it before.  It took me a moment to catch on...but I eventually realized I was feeling her hiccup!  So, I giggled to myself and kept my hand on my belly until they stopped.  It was actually very reassuring.  I had read in all my books that babies can get hiccups "all the time", and I was wondering why I never felt them.  I was up pretty late that night, so I'm wondering if she's been having them after I'm usually asleep.

Well, that's all I've got for this week.  I need to post some more pictures soon so my out of town peeps can see how big we're getting! ;) 

No comments: