15 September 2008

33 Weeks

Dear Baby B--
You and I have both grown so much the past few weeks!  You're weighing in at about 4lbs now...and let's just say Mommy is rockin' an extra 25lbs these days.  We had another Dr's appointment and everything is looking good.  I got to hear your precious heartbeat again which is always a fun treat.  Not that I need to hear your heartbeat to know you're there.  You are definitely letting me know what you're up to with all your gymnastic moves!  The appointment was short and sweet which is much appreciated.  I'm going to start having appointments every two weeks now, which means one thing to me...you're going to be here so soon!! ;)

And speaking of your movements, I had such a special, magical moment with you this week, little one.  Your daddy had a late meeting at work and I was tired and sore from my long day at work.  I decided to take a warm bubble bath and catch up on some reading.  But how could I do any reading after you decided bath time was the start of dance hour?!  So, I rubbed and patted you back when you made little moves.  And then I looked down at my belly and I could physically see you moving around!  I was mesmerized.  You would make a movement and I would watch my belly roll like a wave.  Then you would do a little kick and I would see another part of my belly giggle.  I still can't tell what little body parts I'm seeing or feeling when you move, but it was so amazing to watch you and wonder what you will look like & be like.  So, I watched you and prayed for you and tried to let you know through my rubs & pats how much I love you. 

Baby B, we both had a very big weekend this week.  My dear friends (and your "aunts") Cindy, Jenny and Stephanie threw us a wonderful brunch shower on Saturday.  There was yummy food to munch on and plenty of love to go around.  And you got so many beautiful and thoughtful gifts!  Your Gigi and great-Narnie were there and Deeda even came all the way down from Paducah.  Great-aunt Terri, great-great-aunt Vyneta and young, hip aunt Sarah came too.  The bad girls were represented by Kristen and Lori and of course Lisa's spirit.  And Sonya, as usual, kept everyone entertained with witty comments & a new rap ;).  Our "new" cousin Jane and Andy's girlfriend Beth also came...as well as special mothers Ann & Patty.  And many, many thanks to Diane (Steph's mom) for opening her home for this special party.

Sweet girl, the blessings that filled that room were palpable.  Your aunt Cindy said the most beautiful prayer to start off the morning that left everyone in tears.  She put into words so eloquently how God has walked us through the journey of receiving you.  And how He has been with us every step of the way.  It amazes me how much you are so loved already!  I thank God for the friends and family we have been given.  The souls who have been willing to cry and walk through sadness with us...and then rally around us with praise and excitement for the precious gift you are.  You are truly blessed to be born into such a community.

I want you to keep on cookin', girl.  But know we are all counting down the days until we get to meet you, see your sweet face and love on you!

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

K.S. said...

oh, Baby B, we can't wait to meet you. your mom is amazing, you will soon see!