01 September 2008

31 Weeks

Well, this has been a very eventful week!  I spent the majority of my free time (when I wasn't sleeping) getting ready for our weekend trip to Paducah.  I took the day off on Friday and Kit took a half day so we could hit the road early.  And thank goodness we did!  We left around 2pm and managed to miss any real traffic...which is quite a feat going through Atlanta, Chattanooga and Nashville.  This will be our last trip up there until baby B comes.  And thankfully our last road trip, period.  Although I am still feeling pretty good...being in the car for 6 hours was definitely feeling more uncomfortable than it ever has before.  

But it was totally worth it!  MamaRita (or Deeda, which is her "granny" name) gave me a shower on Saturday and I was blown away by everyone's generosity.  For you Paducah friends and family that read here...thank you, thank you, thank you for such a special day!  I am so grateful not just for the material things, but for all the love and blessings that filled the house.  It's so comforting to know that baby B is coming into the world under the care & prayer of such wonderful people.  Deeda, baby B is so lucky to have such a loving and devoted grandmother.  I so appreciate all the ways that you give to us.  And Lesli, thank for everything you did to help out.  It was truly a perfect day!

Now there is a new task at hand...finding a space and place for all of this lovely new stuff!  I know this is only the beginning of B's stuff taking over our lives.  Bring it on! ;)  Ryan took some great pictures during the shower.  I'll try to post some up here later this week.  Thanks Ryan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you guys, too. Your pregnant belly is so cute! You are such a beautiful pregnant lady! Thank you for making that 6 hour drive to and from. I know it wasn't easy! Love you!