27 October 2008

38-39 Weeks

Dear Baby B--
Well, sweet girl, this is probably the last letter I will write you while you're growing in my belly.  And it's probably the last time I'll write to you as "Baby B" ;).  We're all so anxious to see what you look like...and what your name will be.  Your daddy and I have a couple of names picked out, but we have decided to wait and see who you are before choosing your name.  I'm hoping the decision will be easy once we see you!

The last two weeks have been long ones for several reasons.  Knowing that you could be here "any day now" for a couple of weeks has made the days go by very slowly.  Each day we wonder if this day will be our last one before you come.  And each day we get many calls and emails from people who are so ready to meet you and love on you (mainly your grannies!) wondering if you're here yet.  Everyone is definitely on baby watch '08.  Which will come first: you or the new president??  Your daddy is so excited for you to be here, too.  He keeps telling you to go ahead and come out to play.  But, I know he has appreciated the extra days you've waited so he can get things finished up at work.  

I know I've been saying it for months, but I just have to say it one more time...sweet B, carrying you, feeling you grow and having you with me constantly has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life.  Dreaming about who you are and imagining what our new life as a family will be like has brought me so much joy.  I already love you so much I think my heart may explode when I finally have you in my arms.  Thank you for choosing us, little one.  And thank you, God, for letting her be a part of our family.  Now, come on!  We're all ready to meet you! ;)

Love,
Mama

2 comments:

Lesli said...

We are all ready Baby B!! We can't wait to hear that you are finally here safe and sound!! Love you & your mama and daddy!!

Anonymous said...

So the time has come to have our precious little niece join our family...and we couldn't be more thankful and excited! We are waiting by the phone everyday to hear that you are on the way! We know that your momma and daddy are waiting to hold you and squeeze those little cheeks until they have exploded with glee! Be safe little one and hugs and kisses from your Aunt and Uncle...even though we are so far away. We Love You!