22 May 2008

Prayers

Tears are flowing for Steven Curtis Chapman and his family.  I heard on the radio this morning that his youngest daughter, Maria age 5, died after being hit by a car in their driveway.  One of their older sons was driving the car, and I'm sure he is distraught (as they all are) with grief.  The Chapmans have adopted 3 daughters from China and Maria was one of their adopted girls.  I have followed their stories of adoption for a while and truly believe they are a family of tremendous love and grace.

I hope you will join me with prayers of healing in this time of heartbreaking tragedy.  It's so hard to understand why God made the world this way.  Why parents should have to lose their children...whatever the age.  Understanding is elusive.  I will pray for greater faith and peace in the midst of all the questions.

No comments: